The Director of Finance (DF) is a new, hands-one role at Conversa, that is responsible for coordinating, planning, and reporting on the financial activities of this growing, dynamic health technology company. Working directly with the CEO and executive team, the DF sets financial policies, reviews and refines forecasts, pricing, analyzes business metrics, KPIs and is responsible for key HR functions. The DF will manage internal bookkeeping resources and coordinate with the company’s outside Accounting and Legal resources. Conversa is a well-funded, early-stage start up with offices in Portland, Oregon and San Francisco and soon NYC. This is a tremendous opportunity to build your career path to CFO with a seasoned team that is focused on changing the conversation of healthcare.
- Responsible for all accounting functions at this growing company.
- Manage HR, including benefits, payroll, new hire onboarding.
- Manage financial records and reporting, and cash.
- Collect, summarize, interpret and analyze company financial data.
- Work with product and ops team to analyze business metrics and KPIs
- Set up processes for revenue recognition, time tracking, forecasting
- Produce financial statements; monitor monthly operating costs.
- Responsible for record keeping and setting up controls to ensure compliance.
- Manage relationships with vendors.
- Set up and manage budgeting process.
- Maintain impeccable confidentiality and professionalism
- Present monthly reports to the Board of Directors.
- 4-10 years’ experience as Sr. Accountant, Finance Director in fast growth environment.
- Expert analytic skills and business modeling
- Ability to create and manage processes, develop standards and budgets
- Experience managing sales pipeline, SOWS, contracts
- Expert at Quick Books Online and complex excel spreadsheet modeling
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree in Accounting, Finance.
- Experience in digital health a plus
- CPA and MBA a plus.
To apply, please send your resume and informative cover letter to email@example.com. We will maintain confidentiality and respond to every submission.
Let us tell you About Conversa Health
At Conversa, we understand that health happens every day. It’s not a one-time event in a hospital or doctor’s office. We know that our health (and the health and well-being of our loved ones) is made up of many experiences, actions and conversations. That’s why we have created The Conversa Conversation Platform™. Conversa leverages numerous data sources (biometric wearables, patient wellness applications, a patient’s electronic medical record, claims data, etc.) to deliver automated, clinically-intelligent and personalized conversations that create continuous dialogue between care teams and patients. These conversations lead to more informed and meaningful relationships, and ultimately better clinical and financial outcomes. Conversa has become the healthcare industry’s conversation engine accelerating several key strategic initiatives for Healthgrades, Ochsner Health System, Citrus Valley Health Partners, Centura Health, Northwell Health and many other leading healthcare organizations. Conversa’s seasoned leadership team, working with our talented and well connected Board and Advisors are a unique group of dedicated healthcare professionals and technologists who are passionate about transforming the health care conversation through personalized patient engagement experiences. Join the conversation on Twitter @ConversaHealth